Sellia, Town of Sorcery is one of the most unique locations in Elden Ring. This ruined locale seems empty at first. But as you explore its streets, you will be beset by invisible sorcerers wielding powerful sorceries. Such a magically suffused area thankfully comes with a powerful magical reward. Beating the Nox Swordstress and Nox Priest duo boss in Sellia grants access to Lusat’s Staff, potentially the most powerful staff in all of Elden Ring! We’ll walk you through how to find and defeat this tricky duo with our Elden Ring boss guide.
Elden Ring: How to find Nox Swordstress and Nox Priest
The duo bosses of Sellia, Town of Sorcery are initially hidden away from the player. Areas of Sellia are blocked off by magical seals that can only be broken by lighting the braziers dotted around the town. These braziers are all situated above Sellia’s rooftops, at the tops of four towers accessible by ladder. Once these braziers are lit, return to the location of Sellia’s Golden Seed. Head down the stairs and take a right. You will soon see a newly revealed fog wall waiting for you.
How to beat Nox Swordstress and Nox Priest
Almost any duo boss fight in Elden Ring is going to be harder than a standard encounter. Reading one boss’ moves in hard enough, but with two to worry about it is easy to become overwhelmed. Therefore, it’s important to balance things out with some help of your own. Using a decently tanky spirit summon – such as the Ancestral Follower or Lhutel the headless – will make this encounter much easier. With the bosses’ attention drawn, you can whittle them down one at a time.
Nox Swordstress and Nox Priest boss mechanics
- The Nox Swordstress’ flexible blade can extend out over the area like a whip. This can be used in a wide-ranging horizontal arc, or cracking forward towards you from mid-long range
- The Nox Swordstress can leave her blade in its short sickle form, dashing forward and dealing quick, devastating strikes to you
- The Nox Priest can jump and extend its mace into a flail, briefly extending his otherwise short reach
- The Nox Priest can make short, heavy swings with its mace, staggering you and leaving you succeptible to follow up attacks by the swordstress
- The Nox Priest will leap into the air, bringing his mace down hard to impact the ground and cause a small shockwave
When defeated, the pair will drop the Nox Flowing Sword, the same weapon wielded by the Nox swordstress
Proceed further into the boss arena and up a set of stone stairs to find a chest. This will contain Lusat’s Staff. Congratulations! You are now well on your way to becoming the most powerful sorcerer in the Lands Between.
All the Bosses in Elden Ring
If you want to find out more about all the bosses in Elden Ring, along with how to beat them, you can find everything you need in our Handy Elden Ring Boss Center.
More Elden Ring Content
We’ve been waiting to get our hands on FromSoftware’s Elden Ring for so long, we almost can’t believe it’s finally arrived and we have a massive amount of content just for you. Other than our Tier List, We’ll be here to walk you through every step of your journey through the Lands Between. Join us for all our Elden Ring content and guides over the coming days and weeks!
Share this article…