Royal Knight Loretta is the boss awaiting you at the end of the Carian Manor in Elden Ring. This unique dungeon is necessary to complete in order to access one of Elden Ring’s most interesting and important storylines. If you want to meet Ranni, you have no choice but to make it through the Manor and Loretta. We’ll show you how to defeat this powerful boss with our Elden Ring guide.
Elden Ring: How to defeat Royal Knight Loretta
Far from just being a martial foe, Loretta is capable of casting powerful sorceries to complement her physical attacks. This combination – while befitting Liurnia – makes for a very dangerous fight with a powerful defense to overcome.
The wide-open nature of Loretta’s courtyard arena is a blessing for both you and the boss. You will rarely have a hard time telling what Loretta is about to do. But she is also able to gallop around unencumbered, granting her the range and time needed to unleash her more powerful sorceries.
It is best to keep a distance from Loretta when the Glintblade Phalanx sorcery is up. These spectral blades can deal a large amount of damage and stagger you, likely leading to death if Loretta exploits this opportunity and makes a further attack. Backing away will make it easier to dodge when the blades fly towards you.
Royal Knight Loretta boss mechanics
- Loretta will activate the Glintblade Phalanx sorcery, summoning a series of magical blades that hang in the air around her, before shooting towards you with a limited tracking ability. After half of her health is gone, this ability will summon more blades at once
- Royal Knight Loretta will use the Glintstone Pebble sorcery, firing a small magical projectile in your direction. When below half health, several projectiles will be fired simulataneously
- The boss will charge towards you and slash several times with her polearm
- Royal Knight Loretta will stab forward with her polearm, gaining ground and staggering if it hits
- Loretta will charge up a magical bow, launching a projectile which deals heavy damage and explodes upon impact
- Royal Knight Loretta will bring her polearm up, performing a wide sweeping attack, covering most of her mid-range
When defeated, the boss will drop 10,000 Runes, along with two powerful rewards; The Loretta’s Greatbow sorcery and Ash of War: Loretta’s slash.
All the Bosses in Elden Ring
If you want to find out more about all the bosses in Elden Ring, along with how to beat them, you can find everything you need in our Handy Elden Ring Boss Center.
More Elden Ring Content
We’ve been waiting to get our hands on FromSoftware’s Elden Ring for so long, we almost can’t believe it’s finally arrived and we have a massive amount of content just for you. Other than our Tier List, We’ll be here to walk you through every step of your journey through the Lands Between. Join us for all our Elden Ring content and guides over the coming days and weeks!
Share this article…