The International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA), the longest continuously-running organization supporting all aspects of the home and interior design industries, is returning their highly successful IFDA Selects program to the High Point Market following a two-year hiatus due to Covid-19.
Scouting and selecting the best products in 12 home furnishings categories are industry leaders and trend spotters from around the country. Each judge will award three companies exhibiting at High Point Market as finalists in each of the 12 categories, highlighting their product and company for exemplary style and fine design. Judges, recognized by their turquoise insignia, will comb through showrooms across the Market. Products selected will be highlighted with a blue ribbon.
Finalists, judges, IFDA members, and all interested market attendees are welcomed to an awards announcement and celebration at The Point on Monday, April 4, beginning at 5pm. During the festivities, all finalists will be recognized and one from each category will be honored as the winner of the IFDA Selects award.
Finalists receive a blue ribbon to display on their product and receive recognition through social media and other outlets. Each winner also receives a commemorative award. In special recognition of their products’ design significance, all 36 finalists’ products are automatically entered into the coveted Pinnacle Awards, presented by the International Society of Furniture Designers (ISFD) during a gala event at the October 2022 High Point Market.
Judges for the 2022 IFDA Selects are:
- Patti Carpenter, carpenter + company/Trendscope
- John Conrad, International Society of Furniture Designers Tym DeSanto, Tym DeSanto
- Nancy Fire, Design Works International & Nancy Fire Designs Valerie Garrett, Valerie Garrett Interiors
- Gary Inman, Gary Inman Interior Design
- Cheryl Luckett, Dwell by Cheryl Rachel Moriarty, House of Moriarty Dr. Rosa Otero, Salem College David Santiago, Casa Santi
- Victoria Valentinas, VLV Designs
- Brianne Verstat and Jordan Neises, Barbour Spangle Design
The 12 product categories are: Accessories:
- Bedroom casegoods Hospitality
- Lighting Maker/Artisan New & Next
- Occasional casegoods Outdoor furnishings Soft goodsSustainability/sustainable products Upholstered seating
IFDA Selects is supported by a grant from the IFDA-Educational Foundation, a 501(c) 3 that funds academic scholarships, professional and educational grants and professional programming.
ISFD is co-sponsoring the event.
IFDA Industry Partners include Benjamin Moore, Hunter Douglas, The Shade Store, and Theodore Alexander.
IFDA is celebrating its 75th anniversary in 2022 with events around the country and at leading trade shows. The organization, established in 1947, promotes professional networking and collaboration, personal growth, educational efforts and philanthropy throughout the home furnishings, décor, and design industries. Professionals and students in all areas of home furnishings and design can be members of IFDA. More can be found at IFDA.com.
Furniture Industry News and in depth magazine articles for the furniture retail, furniture manufacturers, and furniture distributors.
Read other articles by Nicholas Ledoux