Xiaomi Mall announced today that the Redmi K50 will have a 618 promotion, the starting price of the 8GB+128GB will reduce to 2199 yuan. The pre-sale is currently active in China. It has been active for about an hour. The original price of this device is 2,399 yuan ($377 approx). Thus, this is a 200 yuan ($30) discount.
The Redmi K50 comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 8100 chip, LPDDR5 memory, UFS 3.1 flash memory, and a 3950mm² liquid-cooled three-dimensional cooling system. It also uses a 6.67-inch 3200 x 1440 Samsung AMOLED flexible straight screen. Some of the display qualities include E4 material, 120Hz refresh rate, 16,000 class Automatic brightness, ambient colour temperature sensing, DC dimming, and Corning Gorilla Victus protective glass.
In the camera department, this device comes with a 48MP (Sony IMX582, OIS) main camera + 8MP (Samsung S5K4H7) ultra-wide-angle + 2MP (GC02M1) macro triple camera. On the front, it has a 20MP (Sony IMX596). In other respects, the smartphone has a built-in 5500 mAh battery and supports 67W fast charge that offers a 100% charge in 48 minutes. This device is 8.48 mm thick, weighs 201g, supports NFC, infrared remote control, Bluetooth 5.3, dual speakers, X-axis linear motor (AAC Technology 0809), Wi-Fi 6 80MHz, side fingerprint recognition, and more.
Redmi K50 series cumulative sales exceed one million units
In the financial report for the first quarter of 2022, Xiaomi disclosed that the revenue of the smartphone business in the quarter was 45.8 billion yuan ($6.8 billion). Furthermore, the company also reveals that its global smartphone market shipments hit 38.5 million units. Also, the company’s global smartphone ASP (Average Selling Price) hit 1189 yuan ($176). This is a year-on-year of 14.1%. In the first quarter, Xiaomi launched new mobile phones. These include the Xiaomi Civi 1S, Xiaomi 12 series global version, Redmi K50/K50 Pro/K50 gaming version/K50 champion version. Officially, the cumulative shipments of the Redmi K50 series now exceed one million units.
Redmi K50 Specifications
- 6.67″ 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels) 120Hz OLED screen, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate; contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1; Supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10/10+; 16,000 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, up to 1200 nits peak brightness; protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB /256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM
- Rear cameras: 48MP Sony IMX582 (1/2-inch sensor) main sensor OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro lens and Flicker Sensor; Video recording up to 4K at 30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 sensor; Video recording up to 1080p at 30fps
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76.15 x 8.48 mm; Weight: 201g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors for immersive haptics
- Dual 5G support (n1/ n3/ n5/ n8/ n28a/ n38/ n41/ n77/ n78 bands), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4/5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5) | NavIC:L5, NFC
- 5500mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging support