RØDE recently released a single set edition of its Wireless GO II microphone system. This version only consists of one transmitter – instead of two for the “regular” version – and one receiver. Let’s take a closer look at it!
In February 2021, Australian manufacturer RØDE introduced the Wireless GO II dual-channel wireless microphone system. This compact, lightweight, and affordable kit consists of one receiver and two transmitters. Along the road, the Wireless Go II received a couple of firmware updates to upgrade its capabilities, like the standalone onboard recording feature.
However, if you’re a vlogger or one-(wo)man-band filmmaker who only needs one transmitter and one receiver, the Wireless GO II did not make much sense. So here comes the RØDE Wireless GO II Single Set edition, even more affordable, which comes with only one receiver and one transmitter.
RØDE Wireless GO II Single Set features
The Wireless GO II Single Set features are identical to the dual set version. In a nutshell, here are some of its specifications:
- The transmitter and receiver uses series IV 2.4GHz digital transmission with 128-bit encryption. The maximum transmission range is 200m.
- The Wireless GO II transmitter has a built-in omnidirectional microphone. It has a 3.5mm microphone jack input so you can plug a lavalier microphone to it.
- The receiver has a 3.5mm TRS microphone output and a built-in screen that shows you the battery levels, gain, and connectivity settings. Also, it has an USB-C and iOS digital output for maximum compatibility.
- Via the RØDE companion app, the transmitter can capture up to seven hours of uncompressed audio with a maximum resolution of 24-bit / 48 kHz.
- Both the transmitter and receiver have a built-in battery that can last up to seven hours. Also, you can power and charge them via the USB port.
One nice thing is that the RØDE Wireless GO II Single Set receiver is the same as the dual-channel one. So, if you want to upgrade your kit in the future and add another transmitter, it is possible.
Price and availability
The RØDE Wireless GO II Single Set is available now for $199.00/€199.00. It comes with two USB-C to USB-A cables, two fur windshields, a pouch, and a 3.5mm TRS cable. Also, a kit with one RØDE Lavalier GO omnidirectional microphone is available for $277.
For more information, please visit RØDE’s website here.
What do you think about this new Single Set edition? Do you often need to record two persons simultaneously? Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments down below!